Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Morrie blog 4/30

Prompt: Which 'Tuesday' Has Inspired You?

I think the Tuesday that inspired me the most would have to be the second Tuesday, when Morrie talks about how we should learn to hold on, but not to tight.  That we should let go, but not completely.  This was most inspiring to me because, I have this problem.  I either let go and try to completely un-associate myself with the entity, or I hold on too tight and freak out when I lose the object.  I think this has taught me to find a balance in between the two.  Of course, the only way to know is to experience it again.

Before this taught me to not let go, I would totally un-associate myself with the object that I haven't seen in awhile.  I would probably find it, then not care and put it back where I found it.  I think now, if I had that same situation, I would probably take the thing I found and put it somewhere I would remember, and use whatever I found again.  I think, then, I would be able to appreciate the object more, because I would know that it would be of some use to me.

I also said that I might hold onto something too tightly.  Say, for instance, my playstation broke.  I would probably go curl up somewhere, and look half dead.  I would come to school, half dead, and this would continue on for a long while.  I think after reading what Morrie has to say about not holding on too tightly, I would probably be really sad for awhile, then I would get over it in a few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment