Total Pageviews

Friday, May 15, 2015

Morrie's Aphorisim

 Explain the aphorism in detail. what was Morrie's main message?
2-     Relate the aphorism to a movie, song, historical event, current event, personal experience, etc. and explain in detail how the example you have chosen relates to the aphorism.
3-     Evaluate the aphorism by explaining why you agree/disagree with it. Give specific reasons for your position and specific evidence from the text to support your position.
4-     Take a picture of your aphorism to use as your graphic.

“Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do.”(p.18) 
Morrie's main message in this aphorism is that  you should be ok with what you can and cannot do.  You should always make sure to do what you can, but don't worry if you can't do something.  You may not always like what you can and cannot do, but you need to be ok with it.  For example.  During my past swimming season, I swam 50 freestyle in 24 seconds.  I really wanted to swim it in 23.  I tried and failed.  Of course, I was upset at first, but then I got over it because I knew I would have other chances and that I did my nest.  That was all I could do at the time.  

I agree with this aphorism because you should not be disappointed in yourself if you did all you can, and you did not want the result, you shouldn't beat yourself up over that.  Since you did all you could, it doesn't make any sense that you would be upset with yourself, because you couldn't do anything more.  Just look at Morrie.  He lost the ability to do a lot of things with ALS, but he was not mad.  Morrie would have his times of mourning, but then he would keep living his life.



No comments:

Post a Comment