Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Holocaust AOW Impressions

That week that we had the Holocaust blogs was a week of gaining new knowledge.  One thing that I remember from my article is that there was a man that was being charged for being a SS member.  He was being charged for 300,00 murders in Auschwitz.  My article taught me that people are still trying to find and punish the remaining SS members, who are at the end of their lives due to their old age.  That week also taught me that people are (naturally) still extremely sensitive to anything related to the Holocaust.  I remember Steven's article was about a model train set, and it was modeling Auschwitz.  In his article, it talked about how some people were highly offended and upset that someone decided to make a place of death and suffering, into a toy.  That week taught me that people are still feeling that the world may not be ready to take that situation as lightly as the toymakers did.

No comments:

Post a Comment