Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Heroes Of Olympus

Prompt: Which character do you like best? Why?

The character I like the most is Percy Jackson.  One of the reasons is probably because the first series pretty much revolved around him and maybe a few other people, but mostly him.  I feel that I have just gotten to be more familiar with his character, like I know more about him because we have been given many books all about him.  Since the author has just introduced a bunch more of main characters, we haven't really gotten to know them as much as we did Percy because the books are split into separate chapters based on who is telling the story or who is where.

I also like him the best because he has the most appealing powers, well, to me anyway.  He can stay under water, for as long as he likes!  I would love to have that because I would always be able to look at the oceans wonders, and not have to worry about dying from lack of air.  The other amazing power he has is the power to control water.  He could use it so many more ways then what he is doing in the book.  What he isn't doing is creating ice spears, or controlling ice projectiles, or pulling water straight out of the air.  To be honest, there are a lot of situations where those things could save his and the others around him lives.  

The last thing I am going to talk about is how much he has gone through.  He has gone through curses, emotional damage, and lethal wounds, and he still feel that he needs to carry on and defeat his enemy or it will continue to hurt people.  I admire him for that because, a lot of people in our time would only look out for themselves, or if they get hurt they will be done with it.  Not him.  He will continue no matter how bad it is.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, although Annabeth and Grover aren't "a few other people", they were pretty important to the first series. I also agree, Percy's powers are the best/coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really into this series, but I have watched about one movie. I would definitely love to have the power of being able to stay underwater as long as I'd like. I could be chased at night and hide in the water and I'd be able to control it! Even though I haven't read any of these books, I can already get a positive point of view on Percy. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't really read any of the books, but my sisters watched the movies and told me about them. I have also loved the thought of controlling water and being able to be underwater as long as I wanted; it's a cool thought. I thought your blog was really nice, good job! :)

    ReplyDelete