Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

As Small As An Elephant


****SPOILERS****


Pages: 20-52
Prompt: Tell me about the main character. What kind of person is he/she?

There are a lot of ways to describe the main character Jack.  For one I think he is adventurous.  When his mom goes missing,  he decides to have a look around town.  When he doesn't find her there, he looks around places he and him mom visited along the way to the campgrounds.  Then at night he decided to sleep in the woods nearby to avoid unwanted attention, and more money loss.

I also think he is a friendly person.  When he goes looking for his mom at the beach, he befriends a young child, Aiden, and his family.  Later on in the book the family invites him to go with them to a lake outing and he accepts to go with them.  Aiden really seems to like Jack so Aiden's mom decides to put her trust in him to.  She even wants to check um on Jack's "ill' mother.

I also think of him as deceiving.  He tells a lie to Aiden's whole family saying that his mom is sick and does not want to be bothered to keep them from finding out his mom was gone.  Whenever they notice that Jack's mom is gone "again"  he makes an excuse saying that she went to get food, medicine, and other stuff like that.  She never seems to be at the tent when Aiden's family asks about her.  She always seems (conveniently for Jack to help keep people from finding out) to be gone.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog was good this week. I like how you used good description and you explained your statements well. Do you like the book so far? What is the book about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog this week. This book is for battle of the books right?
    Well, nice job describing the main character.
    I think that i have heard a little of this book. Tell me if it is good or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nik,
    Great job with your blog this week, I really enjoyed it! I feel that all of the things you said about the main character, are true (and I would know, because I'm also reading this book.) I like how you told us about the main character, but as you did, you also kind of gave us a summary of the book. If I just read your blog, I would probably know what this book was about if I wasn't already reading it, and didn't already know what it was about. I also think your word choice was good. The blog also really flowed, and was easy for me to read, and understand. So, overall great job with your blog this week, and I look forward to reading more of your blogs in the future.

    ReplyDelete