Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Rules

Pages: Start to end
Prompt: Does the title fit the story? Why or why not?

I think the title fits the story very well.  I know the story is called "Rules" because the main character, Cathrine, gives rules to her autistic little brother.  She comes up with rules with these rules so he does not make a fool of her or himself.  Not many people knows her little brother, David, has autism so they treat him like a they would anybody else.  In one chapter, Cathrine's enemy, Ryan, plays a "joke" on him where he givs him an empty gum wrapper and when David opens it, he breaks down.

One of their rules is "If you don't have the right words, borrow somebody else's". Meaning that he can take words from books to fit in the right situation.  Throughout the book he quotes the books "Frog And Toad"  which I think are his favorite books.  I think this is a good rule for him because he seems to have a little trouble with some communication.  I think this is one of the most important rules of all.

One of the other most important rules is "A boys shirt can come off when he swims, but not his shorts." I think this is a really important rule because David HATES getting his clothes wet.  As soon as he spills something on them no matter what they are, he whips those things off.  This is pretty important when it come to everyday life because we handle liquids every day.

4 comments:

  1. This seems like an interesting book. I think based on your description the title does fit the book. But that's a little mean to say not to make a fool of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on if the title "Rules" does fit the story because you bring up good points. I like how you describe stuff without having to write a big long paragraph. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I did this prompt when I read Rules! I agree to that the title fits the story really well. I like how you included some of the rules that Catherine makes David and how you relate them to everyday life for us. Also, I really like how you showed which rules you thought were good for him in terms of mentally, but also rules that help him socially. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nik,
    Great blog this week, I really enjoyed it. I also agree that the title fits the story well, I mean, they did start every chapter stating one of the rules, and they described and talked about them throughout the book. I also like how the rules are more than just rules, but basic things (though they may seem silly) that you need to know in life. I think you did a great job explaining why you think the title fits the story, and giving examples of, and explaining some of the rules, and their impact on David. Overall, great blog this week, and I look forward to reading more of your blogs in the future.

    ReplyDelete