Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Boy Who Dared

Pages:12-55


Describe the most important event. Give at least three reasons why you think it
is the most important event.

I think the most important event in the book was Hitler getting elected as Chancellor.  This is the biggest event in the book because they start talking about the hard life of the Jews.  In one little episode, a baker who is a Jew is washing his windows from the comments people have written on his windows. When a solider comes up and stops him and he refuses, he starts kicking him.  Two more come and start kicking him.  


Hitler being elected is HUGE also because the main character Helmuth, is forced to join the Hitler Youth Program.  One day he is in school, and a commanding officer comes into the classroom and there to sign up all the nonmembers.  He calls them up one by one and signs up the stragglers.  When he is officially signed up, he must go to their meetings.  One he does, he barely has time for anything else.

Another thing that is big and is a result of Hitler is the big fight that Helmuth's brother and his mom's boyfriend.   Helmuth must write an essay about how Hitler saved the Fatherland regardless of their belief's.  When he starts to write, Hugo,  is proud because he loves what Hitler is doing.  Helmuth's brother is all against Hitler.  They get into a loud argument
 and it ends as Helmuth's brother losing

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting book. I've learned in the past about Hitler and how he treated Jews. Even though I haven't read this book, I would also agree that Hitler being elected is a big event. Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this book and you did a very good job describing it. Again, Hitler's views where common and he looked like a hero, not evil. His dad was Jewish, maybe it was because of his childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on Stan, Carlo, and Athziry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read this book and you;re doing a great job of describing the events and characters. It gets really deep and emotional near the end and it's a really good book. You can get really into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one has ever taught me about Hitler!!! Which is frustrating because I hear all this stuff about him and I don't know what is going on, then I feel stupid. I just know he didn't like Jews. For some reason I know he liked people with blonde hair and blue eyes. Which I find creepy because I have blonde hair and blue eyes....Overall excellent post it helped me learn a little more about a topic I haven't closely learned about yet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog entry! You tied in what is happening in the book well.

    ReplyDelete