Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Alchemyst


• Prompt: How have your feelings changed as you’ve been reading?

My feelings have changed while I am reading because there are many things that change what I think is going to happen.  I could think I know what 's going to happen and then it changes.  Like when the seemingly harmless book store owner gets attacked and fires fireballs and deadly mists.  This gave the book more adventure than I thought it would.  This made me feel more eager to read the book to find out what was going to happen.

Another thing that changed my feelings towards the book is when the book store owners loved one dies.  This made me feel a little sorry for him because losing somebody you love is devastating.  He was very sad about her death but he quickly recovered because the fate of the world was at stake.  Dee (the antagonist) had stolen the book with the worlds darkest magic and the magic that made Nicholas Fleming immortal.  He knew he had to snap out of it.

One of the most recent things that changed my feelings towards the book was when the sister of Josh, accidentally ripped two pages out of the book when Dee was trying to grab it.  This changed my mind because those two pages could have ended the world.  This changed my mind because the main characters would have felt a sense of urgency to stop Dee.  Though it did give me a sense of relief, I still was a little disappointed. 

2 comments:

  1. I have read this book and i think this blog was great! I might use some of your blogs to review the books from BOTB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Carlos, Maria, and Stanley

    ReplyDelete