Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

House Of Hades

Pages 224-268




List at least three problems the characters faced? Which was the most life
changing? Explain



In my book so far Percy has faced many challenges that could have killed him.  One of them is when he was being attacked by five monsters.  They were some that he killed years ago but he went to the place where they reformed and he had an encounter with them.  They were green with long fangs and huge talon like claws.  Luckily, at the last second an old friend came to rescue him.

Another challenge he has faced was the point when he was falling into the underworld and barely survived.  He called upon the water of the underworld and it broke his fall.  Though with doing this he almost lost his memory.  The water was cursed and would wipe the memory of anything.  He saw his whole life play in slow motion when he was in the water.

This is the third and most deadly because it brings the curses of many monsters down on him.  All the monsters he fought, cursed him and it took the form of an ugly winged creature.  Each one he killed unleashed a new curse on him.  In the end of the battle he was poisoned and was only healed a little bit.  The poison was still in him and he slowly started to die.

4 comments:

  1. I liked how you described all of the monsters and villains. You did a good job giving specific details about the Underworld. I enjoyed your fun fact about the Underworld by mentioning that you would lose your memory. Overall you did a great job. Thanks for Underworld info! - Abdiel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abdiel! I commented on Nadrian's, Carlos's, and Gabe's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds interesting! I really hope to read it soon. Your describing in the monsters and the action made me get even more motivated to read this! When I read the part of Percy loosing his memory I thought, "Oh no please not again..." I have to find out more. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did really well describing Percy's situation! Next time you should do Hazel or Frank's challenges. I wish I had gotten so more of your opinion, though. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete