Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Icefall

Pages: 114-207
Prompt: If the author were here, what would you say and ask him/her?

What would I ask the author?  That's easy.  I wold ask him why he decided to call the book Icefall.  From what I have read so far, there aren't anything about the title.  I suppose that the ice is melting away but it is not falling in any manner.  In the cover of the book there appears to be a hammer striking ice.  Perhaps this hammer is called "The Icefall" or something like that.  From what I have read, the title does not fit the story. It may at the end, but I don't see it making sense anytime soon.

Another thing I would ask the author would be, why he chose the setting.  I think it is a good setting, but I just want to know why he choose that particular cave in the mountain.   Why not send the characters over seas, or beneath ground closer the the kingdom?  The cave is very secluded, so it makes sense to send them there because no one would ever find the royal family.  That makes an even bigger problem because they would not be able to receive supplies.

The last thing I would ask the author would be why are the berserkers be considered outcasts?  They are the nations strongest and most ferocious warriors!  Surely they have nothing strange about them.  Since they are so strong, many people could fear them.  Perhaps the people were just scared that something was going to happen to them if they made the berserkers upset.
 

2 comments:

  1. Great blog post this week. You asked some very interesting questions. I hope some of them get answered; especially the one on the title. It's always interesting to figure out why the book is called the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nik - Make sure that this is your last blog post on Icefall please. Also, where are your comments?

    ReplyDelete