Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Staff Of Serapis-Summer Reading

Prompt: If you could talk to the author, what questions would you ask? Why?

Well my first question would be "What was the reason for you to write this book?"  I would ask this to the author because this book is a crossover from two series he has written.  Another reason is because one of the two series is no longer being written(The Kane Chronicles).  I want to know why he decided to crossover these two series.

My second question would be "Why did you ad a two headed monster with different animal heads?"  I would ask this because it seemed a bit unusual to me.  I was wondering what the true purpose of the monster was.  All it seemed to do was cause them some trouble and lead them to the antagonist. I was also wondering what made the author use a lion and a wolf head stuffed into a crab shell.

My third question is "Why did you write something in between the big story of the Heroes Of  Olympus Series?"  The heroes were preparing for the worst and they had just rescued the leaders, why is Annabeth living a normal life  right then and their?  It makes me feel that there is a huge gap in the time line.  It makes me feel like there is a big pause in the middle of the story.

My fourth question is "Why did Sadie say that she could call on Isis?"  I ask this because after defeating chaos,  the gods had to withdraw from the universe to maintain order.  When Sadie said that she could call on Isis, that was misaligning with the story.  I was kind of confused at that point because it didn't make any sense to me.

My fifth question is " Why did they talk about a villain from "The Kane Chronicles" when the series was over?" It didn't make any sense because they believe that it was the villain Setne that caused all the trouble.  Could this mean that the author is planning on reviving the old series?  Or could this mean the the final book of "The Heroes Of Olympus" also be a crossover?

My sixth question is "Why did Carter neglect to tell Sadie about Percy and Annabeth?''  One would thing the tow worlds of the gods meeting would be important.  The two events both seemed to be linked, so why didn't he tell her.  The amount of sorcery that was needed to create these two events would have to be huge.


No comments:

Post a Comment